The global drug discovery services market is expected to witness a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period to reach revenue over $19.0 billion by 2025
Ample Market Research (AMR) recently published study “Global Drug Discovery Services Market – Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Trends, and Forecast up to 2025”, This market research report includes a detailed segmentation of the global drug discovery services market by type (medicinal chemistry services, biology services, and pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism), by drug type (small molecules and biologics), by therapeutic area (oncology, neurological disorder, respiratory disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and others), and by regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World).
Drug discovery refers to the process of identifying potential new medicines, and it involves a wide range of scientific disciplines, including biology, chemistry, and pharmacology. The process of drug discovery involves various methods such as identification of target molecule, candidate drug identification, characterization, screening, and assays for therapeutic efficacy. Once a candidate compound has shown its therapeutic value in these tests, it will begin the process of drug development prior to clinical trials. In recent years, there is a lot of interest in biologics-based drug discovery. Biologics drug discovery includes developing new novel antibodies, recombinant proteins, hormones, vaccines, cell therapy, and gene therapy for treating cancer, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disorders, and many others.
The global drug discovery services market, by type, is segmented into medicinal chemistry services, biology services, and pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism. Among these, the medicinal chemistry services segment accounted for the largest share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a high-double-digit CAGR by 2025. Increasing tendency of pharma companies to externalize discovery & development services, upsurge in the number of drug discovery & development activities, and growing R&D expenditure are the key factors driving the growth of the segment.
The industry generates the majority of the revenue from the key players operating in this field; few of them include Charles River Laboratories, Evotec SE, GVK Biosciences, Albany Molecular Research Inc., Domainex Ltd., Genscript Biotech Corporation, Syngene International Ltd., Eurofins Scientific SE, and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings.
For more information about this report: https://www.amplemarketreports.com/report/drug-discovery-services-market-1246402.html
According to the Research analysis, North America accounted for the largest share of the global drug discovery services market in 2018 and will retain a high position during the forecast period. North America is followed by Europe, with a share of more than 25% of the global market in 2018.
Key Competitive Facts:
- In 2019, Lundbeck acquired Abide Therapeutics for $250 million and takes control of Abide’s drug discovery platform focused on serine hydrolases, which is a diverse enzyme class that accounts for roughly 1% of all proteins in mammals.
- In May 2019, Amgen acquired Nuevolution for $167 million following their three-year collaboration, which is expected to boost the Amgen’s drug discovery platform.
Benefits – The report provides complete details about the sub-segment of the global drug discovery services market. Thus, the key stakeholders can know about the major trends, drivers, investments, vertical player’s initiatives, and government initiatives toward the drug discovery services segment in the upcoming years along with details of the pureplay companies entering the market. Moreover, the report provides details about the major challenges that are going to impact the market growth. Additionally, the report gives complete details about the key business opportunities to key stakeholders in order to expand their business and capture the revenue in specific verticals, and to analyze before investing or expanding the business in this market.
- Understanding the potential market opportunity with precise market size and forecast data.
- Detailed market analysis focusing on the growth of the drug discovery services industry.
- Factors influencing the growth of the drug discovery services market.
- In-depth competitive analysis of dominant and pure-play vendors.
- Prediction analysis of the drug discovery services market in both developed and developing regions.
- Key insights related to major segments of the drug discovery services market.
- Latest market trend analysis impacting the buying behavior of the consumers.
For More Details, Request A PDF Brochure Report https://www.amplemarketreports.com/sample-request/drug-discovery-services-market-1246402.html